Saturday, June 27, 2015

Raramuri girl (Fine art Illustration).



Raramuri girl
(Raramuri girl- Muki girl)

I love reading about the ancient towns, particularly the indigenous or Indian Towns from the Americas. At one point in time I wanted to study archeology and history, but why didn't I? I don't have the answer to that.


 (pictures from google)

One of my favorite places(besides Texas) is New Mexico here in the US, because of it's people and native towns. And one of my favorite indigenous towns in Mexico is the Tarahumara or Raramuri Indian towns, (raramuri means- feet with wings), they are located in the Sierra of Chihuahua, Mexico.


Apart from their colorful clothing, crafts and legends, there is a greeting they utilize which I particularly love. And from it I was inspired to make this  illustration painting.


I greet you, like the dove that chirps 
and wishes you health and happiness, 
to you and those you love.
-Raramuri quote



Raramuri girl
Raramuri girl.
Raramuri girl



 The Raramuri or Tarahumara are an indigenous people of northern Mexico, and are renowned for their long-distance running ability. (Tarahumara Indian people)